Gilleny Notes On Iron Man 5
I am Doing It Matt Fraction style. I said “doing it”, etc.
Alien is amazing.
Title name drop on the first page. Shameless.
First of this arc’s structural elements – the opening scene back in time, showing the start of the antagonists’ plans. This is ELI, a new character, and – er – sort of a Warren Ellis analogue. The first arc is building on his work with Extremis, so I wanted to pay some kind of warped tribute to the man. I should have written Adi as someone too. Man!
Hmm. I don’t remember this page being this meta when I wrote the thing.
Yellow polo-neck, continuing our theme of high-neck fashion for Pepper so we don’t make new readers go “Wait! Why has she got that thingy!” and derail the plot irrelevantly for a half page.
The Pepper/Tony scene is the second of the structural element. Drop Tony in a situation with a confidant showing the sort of thing Tony gets up to when not wearing his armour, and in doing so, set up the theme. In this case, what sort of futurism that capitalism will pay for?
Seriously, I love that polo neck. The next armour suit is going to have a polo neck.
(I tried to post these over here and it wouldn’t. I just don’t know why. Maybe it’s too long? I do talk a lot, like a ninny.)
- saosmash reblogged this from kierongillen and added:
- bobbimorsel likes this
- wrecked-anon likes this
- awydd likes this
- sofiaviolet likes this
- samhumphries likes this
- letsgoetzphysical likes this
- reverenddust likes this
- quitecrazy likes this
- marlo-noni likes this
- backpackinggeek likes this
- backpackinggeek reblogged this from kierongillen
- starkexpos reblogged this from kierongillen and added:
- essentiallydazzling reblogged this from kierongillen
- doctordisaster likes this
- cyborgcap likes this
- withironhands reblogged this from kierongillen
- leaguerulesfrownupon likes this
- fluffmyb0ner likes this
- siege-loki-problems likes this
- kierongillen posted this